Updated: Sep 20, 2018
There are many reasons why I love homeschooling, but to keep it short and sweet,
here are my top 5:
1. Not getting up early. I do not miss those hectic mornings of having to wake up and dash to work each day. I'm more of a night owl and like to get my creative juices flowing after the kids have gone to bed. So, early rising...no thank you!
2. Schedule flexibility. Ever feel like the day doesn't have enough hours to get everything on your checklist done? With homeschooling you can make adjustments to your schedule as you go along. So whatever life throws your way, it doesn't have to be a big deal. You can make it work for family.
3. One-on-one attention. Having worked in the public education system for 8+ years, a common complaint is that students do not get the one-on-one attention when it comes to learning. This is a hard thing for teachers, not only because of class sizes but the different learning styles of each student. With homeschooling, my kids get the extra attention when needed in whatever area they are struggling with.
4. Understanding the different learning styles. As mentioned in the previous point, it is a struggle for teachers of a full class to first, identify sometimes that I child has a unique learning style than others and second, to deal with it head on from the get-go. When it's just you and the kids, you get to realize it quite quickly. There is so much information out there on different learning styles that you can quickly adjust accordingly to match your child's learning style and watch them flourish without the frustrations of them trying to follow the status quo.
5. Raising the leaders of tomorrow. As a parent, you have the opportunity to watch your child develop interests and talents. What a joy it is to pour into them as part of the school journey to enrich their lives on the whole with music or art or whatever they may be interested in.