Updated: Sep 20, 2018
Parenting is hard! Can I get an amen? Here are some of the things I struggle with:
1. Sleep. Like seriously. I just want one day to just sleep. Like all day. Just sleep. (I know, I know, it gets better...but still) (P.S. my kids are 6 and 2)
2. "Me" Time. It's becoming more obvious now that even moms need a break from every day life. It starts with the little breaks though. Here is where I struggle. I try to do other things in my spare time instead of rest. I'm currently trying to focus more on incorporating that little break every day so I don't lose my mind. Sigh. One day at a time.
3. Eating properly. So I'm pretty good at not eating junk too often (though I do love chips...and chocolate) but for me sometimes I don't finish a meal or I inhale it (which is worse I think) and I don't feel great about myself at the end of the day. I miss the days of sitting and leisurely eating. But again, this is part of me trying to focus on taking care of myself too.
4. Cleaning. I know that this is a universal thing where once you have little ones running around, the whole housekeeping idea goes out the window. But I like things clean. Anyone else out there know what i'm talking about? So it's a struggle daily to keep things at bay, though i'm learning to lower my standards...just a little...and I mean just a little!
5. Prayer Life. Lastly, but most importantly, I need to acknowledge this. When I'm drained completely I find myself in the presence of God for help and strength. And He is faithful to give it. But with the challenges of the job, I easily forget to STAY there in His presence and let Him continually fill me up. Seems like a no-brainer, but it's a major struggle.